The Big Move
I must say - I think a trans-US road trip is something everyone should experience... maybe not with their parents, two fish, and a potted plant but hey, you do what you gotta do. But really - the trip was incredible. We ended up taking I-70 most of the way. Here's the crew:
- The first day I rode my bike to campus I passed a field and the sky was filled with hot air balloons! The colors and sunshine... took my breath away
- There's a TON of great beer here - enough said
- There's a neighborhood near my apartment where everything is named after Lord of the Rings. Everything. There's even a school
- Plastic bag ban (I LOVE this)
- The Farmer's Market - I swear this is magic all on its own. There's music and food and a carousel!
- There are bike paths everywhere, never in my life did I think I might experience trouble finding bicycle parking =)